Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I've finally seen it! Have You!?


We waited and waited. I remember previews for the movie as early as April 2009. The date was finally set and anticipation brewed. I read the book and watched all the trailers. Then a date was finally posted; November 7th! The seventh came and went with no movie, then it finally opened and the place was packed. I and a girlfriend of mine got free tickets and we “rushed” down to the best movie theater in Sac and caught the 10:15 pm showing of Precious. Yes I have finally got to see it and it was simply AMAZING!


I could honestly say that I have never been in a theater that was so involved in a story that we have seen so often. We laughed, cried, sniffled and yes, even screamed. If you have been living under a rock, the movie is basically about a girl that is going through some really tuff, leveling, and thick stuff. She makes friends and finds support outside of her home and finally makes it from out of the mouth of the beast, her mother. This is a story I have seen plenty of times, but this was the most “real to life” I have seen it. There was no sugar coating, no fairy tale happy ending, and no straight-up go home happy mood. If anything, it forced the audience to go home thinking through shock. Just straight raw and boy was I waiting for a movie like this! I have to give Tyler Perry and Oprah their props, but greatest thanks to Sapphire.


As the last scene started to dim and the music quieted for the transition to credits, all I could hear was sniffling. There was no talking and not many people moving. It was almost as if the audience had to process what they’ve just experienced. I cried. And I’m not talking about that soft “aww” cry. I’m talking about that “my sister is suffering” cry. We walked out and eyes were being wiped, but the feeling was a good one. My friend told me that she cried so much that her head hurt.


Simply amazing and a must see!! Would I add it to the DVD collection? Hell yeah! Would I watch it as often as possible since it was awesome? No because I don’t think I could take it. Lol
NO BOOTLEGGIN PEOPLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Raw Truths - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords